Tuesday, March 9, 2010

#34 – 180 to 50


#34 - Plan a trip to New York with former college roommate – celebrating turning 50 together. DONE!

If you have followed my journey to 50, I have been giving glimpses of my list of 50 things I created during the 180 days before my 50th birthday. I didn’t accomplish all of them in time, but many have earned the spot on the next list of dreams and goals I have set for myself. The journey continues.

But this one – a trip to New York City with two beautiful ladies from my college days is one of my favorite items on my list. We have begun planning this trip – airline tickets purchased, Broadway musical tickets ready, and hotel reservations in place. We are going in August, and this reunion has us all so excited.

You see, I haven’t seen these women in almost . . . oh my goodness . . . has it been 20 years? Not in person anyway. We keep in touch via Facebook --- and pictures and messages. And yet, we grew up together as college girls --- finding our way through new friendships, meeting the men we would marry, and creating a life time of memories (Euchre, anyone?)

One of these precious friends showed me Jesus. I watched her life, the relationships with her family, and the love she had for God . For the first time, I knew that Jesus was real – every day. I am grateful that Jesus has continued to be real – every day.

And so . . . our adventure begins. I am looking forward to catching up on life with these two. We have a lot to talk about! And perhaps the next trip to plan too!

No comments:

Post a Comment